Skoči na vsebino

OUYA

Bessie

Priporočene objave

• vrhovni

Mja, ampak ko malo premisliš ni vse tako rožnato...

Če mislijo vsako leto izdati novo OUYA konzolo in če jo vsako leto kupiš, potem v 4 letih takoj zapraviš 400$. Kar je že cena next gen konzole! In ta ti bo služila vsaj 4 leta zagotovo. Povrhu vsega Android še vedno nima niti približno tako dobrih iger, kot je Uncharted/Gears Of War/... in jih še dolgo časa ne bo imel.

Vse je odvisno od kaj hočeš/pričakuješ od konzole.

PSN & Xbox LIVE: NowickySLO

NowickySLO.png

Pa saj pravijo, da naj bi se menjalo le drobovje za kar menim, da ne bo ravno polna cena. In glede na to, da precej gamerjev dandanes slivi skorajda samo indie sceno in da je android market poln zastonjskih spilov menim, da bo tole precej uspesna zadeva. Kul bi blo se, da bi lahko spile nadaljeval na mobitelu/tablici...ampak za izboljsave je itak se veliko casa.

Sent from my GT-I8350 using Board Express

Jackobi_SI.png

post-101-144771024949_thumb.jpg

Še ene možna konkurenca na zbira denar...

A pledge of $99, $139 or $159 will net you an 8GB, 16GB or 32GB nGees, respectively, with an estimated delivery of May 2013. Strangely, only the $4,000 pledge level mentions including a remote control. nGees is seeking $395,000, with 52 days to go.

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n77S8IQtkuM&feature=player_embedded

BessieSABU.png

• 3 tednov kasneje...
  • vrhovni

Jao, tole me je čist preveč nahypealo, ker bi mi bil/mi bo XBMC primarna uporaba Ouye .. in če že sedaj dela takole super, ne dvomim, da bo s parimi updejti zadeva res fenomenalna. Aaaa, resist ordering right away, resist ordering right away! :heavybreathing:

Bessie: glede na to, da verjetno pošiljajo iz Amerike, bodo tebi nabili gor še carino, predvidevam? Koliko te bo potem prišlo vse skupaj?

Edit: Še nekaj sem se spomnil, k si ti bolj Ouya mojster, jst pa na hitrico nisem uspel z guglanjem dobiti odgovora .. sej Ouya bo normalno podpirala Android .apkje, ne? Vem, da Play Storea ne bo, ampak dejanske .apk fajle bi pa morala, I guess? Ker imam en kup Android špilov iz Humble Android Bundleov, pa bi mi bilo malo debilno, da jih ne bi mogel laufati na Ouyi ... :mirror:

Urejano od Anduril
  • vrhovni

Huh, nevermind, sem našel odgovor o apkjih .. u bistvu dosti logično, pa prej nisem ravno o kontroler podpori razmišljal. :tard:

Ouya is not really designed to work with the Android Market.

You can, in fact, (sometimes) install a standard APK on the system....but a standard android app will not recognize the Ouya controller. The touch-pad works, but it works like the mouse touch-pad on a laptop, so playing a touch-screen game that way would be miserable.

Sem pa našel še tole:

Other than games, will there be any apps available on OUYA?

We’ve already announced that Twitch.tv, VEVO, iheartradio, XBMC, and Plex will be available. We are in discussions with other media streaming services to provide official apps for OUYA.

Plex!!! Plex mi že sedaj laufa preko TVja, vse poštimano, samo TV client je bolj beden .. zdej bo moral pa izbirati med XBMCjem in Plexom. Decisions, decisions ... :sweat:

Bessie: glede na to, da verjetno pošiljajo iz Amerike, bodo tebi nabili gor še carino, predvidevam? Koliko te bo potem prišlo vse skupaj?

Edit: Še nekaj sem se spomnil, k si ti bolj Ouya mojster, jst pa na hitrico nisem uspel z guglanjem dobiti odgovora .. sej Ouya bo normalno podpirala Android .apkje, ne? Vem, da Play Storea ne bo, ampak dejanske .apk fajle bi pa morala, I guess? Ker imam en kup Android špilov iz Humble Android Bundleov, pa bi mi bilo malo debilno, da jih ne bi mogel laufati na Ouyi ... :mirror:

BMK za carino in DDV kolikor bo pač bo...

Ouya naj bi bila odprta platforma, tako,da vprincipu naj bi z njo lahko počel karkoli, si pa že sam ugotovil problem z nadzorom.

Igre kolikor vem naj bi bile v višjih ločljivostih kot so na telefonu, porti pa po vsebi verjetno enaki... verjetno pa je to odločitev razvijalca.

Če bo od napovedan 500+ iger 10 dobrih na leto, je zame to več kot dovolj ;) bolj me skrbi kako narediti cvetober med vsem morebitnim plevelom...

BessieSABU.png

Ma pa sej pomojm se bo čist dalo tud .apk fajle furat. Če gledamo, da so za tole Moga mašinco nardil ločeno aplikacijo, ki špilim iz Play stora priredi kontrolne mehanike, potem res ne vidim, zakaj nebi ali Ouya inženirji ali pa celo kakšn homebrew kodoznalci skup spravili namensko aplikacijo.

post-57-14477102578_thumb.jpg

Na sliki: Moga Mašinca

Jackobi_SI.png

• 3 tednov kasneje...

post-101-144771026502_thumb.png

So… we made a game console.

post-101-144771026508_thumb.jpeg

And by “we” I mean you. OUYA wouldn’t exist without you.

Just last summer, we shared an idea for a simple, beautiful, powerful game console that lets any developer publish a game for the TV. We were driven by our love for couch gaming. And when you (and the rest of our early supporters) rallied around us, you inspired us.

We got here together.

Today, we honor you. Today we start shipping our early backers their OUYAs. And at our unveiling event this evening, the first of you will get to see OUYA in the flesh (or, metal, as it were).

Thank you.

Thank you for your encouraging words, for your belief when doubters doubted, for your feedback and ideas, and for your trust. And, I have to personally thank the OUYA team for the sleepless nights and sacrifices they’ve made to make OUYA for you.

A couple things our team wants you to know when you get your OUYA:

When you first boot it up, you’ll experience our first update :) This will either be super fast (seconds) or allow you to get a drink (minutes) based on your connection speed. Eventually, we want to do these updates in the background…

You’ll need a credit/debit card to download games. All games are still free to try. Your card will only be charged if you buy content you love. We do want valid payment information for everyone. This is to ensure that game developers can get paid when you love their game.

OUYA supports up to four controllers (you can always get more at http://ouya.tv). And, because we support Bluetooth, you can pair other devices as well. We are testing now and will start publishing a list of devices soon.

This is only the beginning. Today begins an exclusive preview period as we gear up to launch in June. We’ll continue to add features, refine the user interface, and keep building the software as we head toward our retail launch — now announced for June 4.

We hope that you, our founding backers, continue to shape OUYA as we prepare to launch to the masses. Your feedback, to date, has been incredibly helpful and as you know, we’ve acted on many of your ideas and suggestions. We want your feedback on these first units. You know how to find us — but we are also creating forums keep the convo going. In fact, we are planning an “AMA” (ask me anything) on Reddit to get your ideas. We’ll do this in April (date still TBD), after you’ve had time to give OUYA a whirl.

Start checking your mailboxes daily as these units roll out over the next few weeks. You’ll get an email when your console ships out of our factory. Keep in mind, it’s a rolling shipment, and consoles will be arriving at houses every day for the next several weeks.

Once your OUYA arrives: get playing!

As of 7:59 p.m. PT, there are already 104 published games on OUYA (all still free to try), like Final Fantasy III and some new surprises we think you’ll love: Beast Boxing Turbo, Stalagflight, Knightmare Tower, and even one called Save the Puppies. There are already a few entertainment apps, too. You can watch the TV shows and movies you already own with XBMC and Flixster, or watch games streamed through TwitchTV.

And developers are releasing new games for OUYA everyday. Eight thousand developers have created developer accounts with us so far.

Our hope is to see these game developers express their most creative ambitions through OUYA. We can’t wait to see what they unleash on our TVs.

OUYA on…

Julie

P.S. In case you missed it, as part of making OUYA the most open game platform around, we just announced that we published all the diagrams you’ll need to 3D print an OUYA yourself! Thanks MakerBot (who has a sweet 3D printer, and runs the Thingiverse community site)!

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQtr7Xxicd0

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2KZcc-XzWc

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LokGUpCUxX0

Cnet review

Engadget

Troubling, however, is the noticeable lag between the game controller and the OUYA. From games to UI, the lag was a noticeable issue -- other journalists we spoke with encountered the same issue. It's not something that's impossible to fix, of course. Even Nintendo's speeding up its Wii U software issues in an upcoming patch, so it wouldn't be a huge surprise to see OUYA correcting the lag issue before June's retail launch.
Urejano od Bessie

BessieSABU.png

• vrhovni

Prvi reviewi .. :?

TheVerge: 3.5/10

For $99, everyone who backed Ouya's Kickstarter has unwittingly signed up to beta-test a game console. Alpha-test, even: this is a product with some good ideas and a potentially promising future, but it's a million miles away from something worth spending your money on. Even if the concept is right, the Ouya misses the mark. The controller needs work, the interface is a mess, and have I mentioned there's really nothing to do with the thing? I'm not even sure the concept is right, either: there are plenty of fun Android games, but currently few that work well with a controller and even fewer that look good on your television.

Let's say everything goes exactly right for Ouya. Every good game in the Play Store becomes available to Ouya, Netflix and Amazon decide to play nice with the device, and the ROM and hacker community explode and make every app and many more available to the nascent platform. Then and only then, Ouya can be viable — if it can combine a decent set-top box with a decent gaming platform, it may have a case to make for your $99. But those are a lot of cards that have to fall a particular way, and without them the Ouya is a lot more like a Raspberry Pi than an Xbox 360.

To its credit, the company says loudly and often that this is only the beginning of a long road for Ouya — and I'll be watching its progress with interest. But the device is currently being sold as a product, not a prototype, and that's just wrong. Ouya isn't a viable gaming platform, or a good console, or even a nice TV interface. I don't know what it is, but until Ouya figures it out, it's not worth $99.

GOOD STUFF

Inexpensive

Inconspicuous design

Plenty of raw power

BAD STUFF

Too few games

Existing games aren't very good

Problematic, unfinished interface

Limited functionality

Engadget: brez ocene

The version of OUYA shipping now should be considered a beta release, and anyone hoping for anything more is in for some disappointment. It's simply not ready for retail. The system is rough around the edges in many ways, quite literally when regarding the controller, but the interface and menus also could use work.

And then there is, of course, the game selection. There are quite a few titles here worth playing, but virtually all of them have been seen elsewhere in one form or another, which makes the initial offering a bit hard to get excited about. Additionally, the vast majority are what we'd broadly call "mobile" games: simple experiences and simple graphics that are fine for casual play, but lack the kind of immersion you might want when you get settled in at home on your couch.

So, is the OUYA a revolution in console gaming? No, it isn't -- not yet. But it's early days still. As of this writing there are roughly two months until the system launches at retail -- time enough, we hope, to flesh out the interface, fix the controller and maybe, just maybe, line up a few new games worth getting really excited about. We'll be back with a full review of that version when it ships.

Konzola uradno izide šele Junija in ni konkurenca Playstationu in Xboxu... opisovalci pa an podalgi tega dajejo slabe ocene...

Nekaj odzivov skupnosti...

OUYA's review was so bad on The Verge because of "Software" and "Games". We have to realize that the retail launch is still 2 months away, so the software will certain be better by then. The same can be said about the games. Only a some of the games that are coming to the OUYA are actually on there. I'm willing to bet, there will be plenty of "great" games by launch.

We all know how Josh Topolsky (The verge) came across in his interview at SXSW. I'm not shocked to see an overly negative review coming from The Verge. I can't help but feel that they leverage any possible misconceptions or assumptions by the tech community as a whole, and play to those emotions for maximum impact. The more people you have saying "I told you so" the louder your brand will be across social media and conversations. The reviewer was overly negative about some things that were completely subjective and didn't speak directly to the end-user's experience such as the console's "Chinese food container" design. He also knocked the controller being a "plasticky thing". Really? Ever try an Xbox 360 or PS3? And we're still talking about the legality of sideloading and emulators? Haven't we already determined the validity and legality of these things? Is this 1995?

There were completely valid points brought up as well, like the fluidity of the menus, and perhaps the free-to-try mandate for all games. But the frontend is a work in progress, it will be better by midyear. And the free-to-play model is everywhere on every platform in some form or another. No reason to knock the business model when it's a win-win for gamers and developers alike. Convenient? Not always, but fair? Pretty much.

I'm most disappointed in the review in that he didn't mention very clearly that this is a work in progress and will be refined by it's retail launch in June-ish. (It will probably start shipping June 30th and appear on shelves in August, if current events are any indication). Irresponsible "journalism" at it's most true form.

As for the comparison to x360 and the PS3 I think people need to remember that these consoles cost well over $500 when released and only recently came down in price to $200 - $300 for the console and one controller. The games (Good or not) still cost about $70 a shot when released. Price wise it's not a good comparison because these people are neglecting the price difference. It's like getting upset the your Toyota Yaris isn't as good as all the Lamborghini Aventadors that everyone is driving.

I was blown away this morning at the notion that The Verge went through all the hassle of creating a video review for the Ouya, that Android-powered console we’ve been talking about, then gave it a mind-blowingly low 3.5, perhaps the lowest score I’ve ever seen them give a product. So why are tech sites like The Verge treating this obviously pre-release hardware and software as final product and rating it for potential customers?

I understand the journalistic thirst to get to the finish line first, but the starter pistol hasn’t even been fired. Ouya is shipping hardware to Kickstarter backers in hopes to get constructive feedback ahead of the console’s retail launch a full two months away. Is it fair to say that the controller (and perhaps the console itself) feels cheap? Is it odd that the console ships with the controller’s right face panel displaced to reveal where the batteries go, despite looking like the controller fell apart in shipping? Yeah, absolutely, but to render a final verdict on the console’s mod-ability, game selection, and interface when it’s not at a 1.0 state yet seems incredibly harsh.

Seriously, some of the points he tries to make are flat out idiotic:

plugging in an HDMI cable with everything else connected took some serious finagling

Who is the target audience for the review? Ogres? You must have gigantic hands if you have a problem plugging the HDMI cable without touching the power connector

some games are $4.99, some are $15.99,

The majority of games I've seen are $5 or under.

others just constantly implore you to donate $.99 so the developer can have a beer.

This guy must hate XBLA games then, because the average Ouya game doesn't constantly shove 3 messages saying "buy our game" every time you try to leave the game and map the buttons to make it as convoluted as possible to skip the message.

Worst of all, it makes buying things impossibly easy — you enter a credit card when first setting up your Ouya, and there are often no confirmation boxes or checks against you spending thousands of dollars.

Flat out lie. There is a confirmation screen on every purchase

I often had a moment to rue my mistake before anything happened, too, because there's a fair amount of lag between the controller and the console. It wasn't always present, and seemed to have to rhyme or reason to it, but about half the time the game felt perfectly synced and the other half it felt a full beat behind what my thumb was doing.

And yet this idiot didn't realize it's specific games that are at fault.

Once you have a file manager, it's just a matter of finding APKs for all the apps you want (often illegal, and usually pretty difficult)

Would you rather have them make it EASY to do something illegal with it?

Thing is, you could plug your Android phone or tablet into an HDMI cable and play a bunch of those games on your TV, often with a controller.

Of course, why bother with a $100 console designed to run games on large screens out of the box when you can use a $500 tablet and get a headache trying to getting a $60 controller t work on it, and have the screen obstructed by the on-screen controls?

Just because you technically can sideload apps onto the Ouya doesn't mean it's an open platform. The company opened a door, then hid that door on the other side of the world and burned the maps.

What does this idiot call open? Next we know he'll be asking for the full spec of the ouya's security systems

But the device is currently being sold as a product, not a prototype, and that's just wrong.

It's being sold? Where? Except for Kickstarter backers on ebay, there is nowhere you can buy it right now.

P.S.:

Limited functionality

IT'S. A. VIDEO. GAME. CONSOLE.

BessieSABU.png

• vrhovni

Čisto odvisno kaj pričakuješ od konzole za 100$. Glede na vse igre, ki jih je Bessie objavljal, bo imela ta mala konzola prav pester izbor. S časom bodo zagotovo izboljšali odzivnost menujev in iger, kar so delno že najavili.

Njihova napaka je bila, da so dobili vsi ti ocenjevalci konzolo še preden jo je sploh možno kupiti v trgovini. Naj še enkrat ocenijo čez 2 meseca.

Pa tudi če jim ne uspe rešiti popolnoma vseh zadev, z izkušnjami ki so jih dobili, bodo lahko bolje izpeljali "izid" OUYA 2.0 konzole. ;)

PSN & Xbox LIVE: NowickySLO

NowickySLO.png

[h=2]60 Days to Launch[/h]Posted on: April 5th, 2013 | No Comments

Shipping Update.

Last week, we started shipping units to our early backers, but there is still much to do (we’re listening, promise) and we are on it.

I want to make sure you know what we are building, when, and to keep you updated on how we are constantly evolving and incorporating both your feedback and our learnings.

So here goes:

Early units

We received early feedback from developers when we sent out the developer consoles. Now we want feedback from you. The software, store, games will continue to evolve and grow, and as early backers who have exclusive access during this period before launch, we want you to be a part of that process.

We will continue to obsess over quality and performance. For example, we are considering adding additional magnets to the controllers so that the faceplates are more secure–no more falling off during shipments!

Got more suggestions? Because you will have exclusive access to the system while it’s in development we want to hear from you. We want you to love it!

Software ®Evolution

Our software is constantly evolving. Right now, the team is focused on optimizing the performance of our software (this means responsiveness). In addition, we have a host of features we’re working on for the June launch. Here’s a glimpse at some of them:

• External storage for games

• Simpler game install process

• More metrics for developers

• Controller support for video players

• More payment options

UI Experience

Our UI is simple. It will stay simple. We want it to be easy (and OBVIOUS!) for you to know what to do on OUYA. However, as more games come in, we will continue to work on discovery and curation of current games. More on this as it unfolds from Kellee :).

Communication

For some, these blogs aren’t enough. So write down all your questions and hit me up at my Reddit AMA the first week of May.

Games and Apps

Over 100 games and counting and they run the gamut — exclusives to OUYA, new developers, experienced developers, ports, you name it. We LOVE it. That’s the whole promise of OUYA: A world of great games among which you are sure to find new favorites!

We’ll be sharing some some of the most anticipated games hitting DISCOVER soon.

Keep cool and OUYA on!

Julie

BessieSABU.png

Pridruži se debati

Objavi takoj, registriraj se kasneje. Vpiši se, če imaš račun in objavi s svojim računom.

Gost
Odgovori v debato...

×   Prilepljena vsebina je formatirana.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Tvoja povezava je bila samodejno vpeta..   Namesto tega prikaži kot povezavo

×   Tvoja prejšnja vsebina je bila obnovljena.   Počisti urejevalnik

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Ustvari novo...

Pomembno obvestilo

Z uporabo spletišča se strinjaš s Pogoji uporabe.