Skoči na vsebino

[Uradna tema] Nintendo Wii

MaHe

Priporočene objave

Izsek iz najnovejše številke revije Time, ki ima članek o Nintendu

Nintendo gave TIME the first look at its new controller--but before I pick it up, Miyamoto suggests that I remove my jacket. That turns out to be a good idea. The first game I try--Miyamoto walks me through it, which to a gamer is the rough equivalent of getting to trade bons mots with Jerry Seinfeld--is a Warioware title (Wario being Mario's shorter, fatter evil twin). It consists of dozens of manic five-second mini games in a row. They're geared to the Japanese gaming sensibility, which has a zany, cartoonish, game-show bent. In one hot minute, I use the controller to swat a fly, do squat-thrusts as a weight lifter, turn a key in a lock, catch a fish, drive a car, sauté some vegetables, balance a broom on my outstretched hand, color in a circle and fence with a foil. And yes, dance the hula. Since very few people outside Nintendo have seen the new hardware, the room is watching me closely.

It's a remarkable experience. Instead of passively playing the games, with the new controller you physically perform them. You act them out. It's almost like theater: the fourth wall between game and player dissolves. The sense of immersion--the illusion that you, personally, are projected into the game world--is powerful. And there's an instant party atmosphere in the room. One advantage of the new controller is that it not only is fun, it looks fun. When you play with an old-style controller, you look like a loser, a blank-eyed joystick fondler. But when you're jumping around and shaking your hulamaker, everybody's having a good time.

After Warioware, we play scenes from the upcoming Legend of Zelda title, Twilight Princess, a moody, dark (by Nintendo's Disneyesque standards) fantasy adventure. Now I'm Errol Flynn, sword fighting with the controller, then aiming a bow and arrow, then using it as a fishing rod, reeling in a stubborn virtual fish. The third game, and probably the most fun, is also the simplest: tennis. The controller becomes a racket, and I'm smacking forehands and stroking backhands. The sensors are fine enough that you can scoop under the ball to lob it, or slice it for spin. At the end, I don't so much put the controller down as have it pried from my hands.

John Schappert, a senior vice president at Electronic Arts, is overseeing a version of the venerable Madden football series for Nintendo's new hardware. He sees the controller from the auteur's perspective, as an opportunity but also a huge challenge. "Our engineers now have to decipher what the user is doing," he says. "'Is that a throw gesture? Is it a juke? A stiff arm?' Everyone knows how to make a throwing motion, but we all have our own unique way of throwing." But consider the upside: you're basically playing football in your living room. "To snap the ball, you 'snap' the remote back toward your body, which hikes the ball," Schappert says. "No buttons to press, just gesture a hiking motion, and the ball's in the hands of the QB. To pass the ball, you gesture a throwing motion. Hard, fast gestures result in bullet passes. Slower, less forceful, gestures result in loftier, slower lob passes. It truly plays like nothing you've ever experienced."

-----

Wario Ware Wii

Twilight Princess Wii

Tennis Wii

-----

• vrhovni

Iz članka v novem EGMju:

-No improved graphics on Virtual Console (as in, they aren't redoing the models, doesn't talk about framerates and such).

-TG16 will have it's 1st party games out at launch, 3rd party will come later as demand increases.

-Estimated prices for the VC are "a few dollars for NES, $5 for SNES and $10 for N64"

-VC games are pro-scan enabled.

-$250 "seems appropriate"

-More 3rd party exclusives than the Cube

Edit:

More..

Metroid Prime 3 - No launch for you! 2007 release

Godzilla (atari) and Snoopy vs the Red Baron (namco) announced

More info:

Edit #2:

Mario Revolution - Fall 2006

Smash Bros - Fall 2006

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Herbst 2006

Hudson Flugsimulation Herbst 2006

Metroid Prime 3 2007

Super Mario Revolution Herbst 2006

Super Smash Bros 2007

Animal Crossing 2007

Elebits Herbst 2006

Godzilla Herbst 2006

Happy Feet Herbst 2006

Snoopy vs the Red Baron Herbst 2006

Sonic Herbst 2006

Red Steel Herbst 2006

Tony Hawk Herbst 2006

Monkey Ball Herbst 2006

Rayman 4 Herbst 2006

wth, gamefront ima SSBR za 2007

LOL, konzola izzide konec leta. Torej bomo takrat že skoraj v letu 2007. Igra lahko izzide v začetku leta, torej boš čakal samo par mesecev.

konec leta ravno nebo.... november ali ša še prej =) sam vseeno. tudi 2 meseca je kar veliko. če bi dali lansirni naslov bi bila to pametna poteza glede na uspehe prejšnji SSB...

Ah, ne ne, spremljala sva oba GameSpotov live stream in pisala zraven. In si kar redno en drugemu brisala dodano, po pomoti. :lol:

Ja, hehe....

Edino malo mi je žal, da niso SSB pokazali, a so itak djali, da bomo več o konzoli in igrah izvedeli do lansiranja.

Aja, pa Opera bo intergrirana v Wii

Jap, za SSB je tud meni mal hudo...

Mimogrede, na IGN-u gostijo trailer od Red Steel, ki zgleda noooooro dobro!!!

damn... ste me mogli spomnit da ni blo SSB :puppy: sem ob tako dobri konferenci čisto pozabil na SSb. metroid izgleda noro hud, prav tako red steel... jah moja pričakovanja so izpolnjena. nintendo je res anredi štalo :beer::car::beer:

Pridruži se debati

Objavi takoj, registriraj se kasneje. Vpiši se, če imaš račun in objavi s svojim računom.

Gost
Odgovori v debato...

×   Prilepljena vsebina je formatirana.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Tvoja povezava je bila samodejno vpeta..   Namesto tega prikaži kot povezavo

×   Tvoja prejšnja vsebina je bila obnovljena.   Počisti urejevalnik

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Ustvari novo...

Pomembno obvestilo

Z uporabo spletišča se strinjaš s Pogoji uporabe.