Skoči na vsebino

[Uradna Tema] The Conduit

raizuken

Priporočene objave

Nova FPS ki prihaja v začetku naslednjega leta.

Sicer pa HIGH VOLTAGE je danes objavil da igra bo supportala WIISPEAK in kot zgleda bo imela zelo dober online.

Poleg tega pa zgleda da zelo dobro delujejo tudi controli in optimizacija le teh :D

Video:

Controls

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/user ... 40822.html

Gameplay

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14248157 ... ignne.html

EDIT: Lol pozabu sm omenit grafiko katera ne zgleda slabo.

raizssx.png
  • vrhovni

Vtisi Chrisa Rema s http://www.shacknews.com:

The Conduit feels really good to play. The team employed a really interesting (maybe controversial in a minor way) decision to heavily limit the Y-axis aiming--so you can't look straight up, for example. This does mean the gameplay won't be particularly vertical--Corso noted that level design is of course affected by that choice--but it makes you feel hugely more stable and in control. [EDIT: Just to clarify this, you can aim as far as you want up on the screen, but you can't move the entire camera up very far.]

Basically, you never get that thing that I even got in Metroid Prime 3, which I did really love as a game, where your cursor goes gets sort of "stuck" at the edge of the screen and you start spinning around. The Conduit's controls are very tuned to the point where the game does a lot of work smoothing out your aiming and keeping everything even.

There's a nice array of weapons, including pistols, zoomable rifles, a gun that shoots what is essentially a bolas made out of energy, and a thing that acts like the Half-Life 2 rocket launcher that you can guide after firing with the cursor.

Design-wise, I would say the biggest thing to improve at this point would be creating a little more visual guidance through levels--I had a few times where I'd kill all the enemies in an area, then not be sure where to go next, until I finally noticed a hole, or an open door, or something. Some of the city environments have sort of a Half-Life 2 vibe--so if the developers take any further influence from that series, that would be a good place to do it.

It looks quite nice--obviously you aren't going to be mistaking it for a 360 or PS3 game, but is genuinely good-looking. I fought a pretty large normal-mapped multi-legged boss that was pretty unusual for the system, and there were no framerate drops I saw there either. I also didn't notice any loading throughout the whole level I played, which is nice.

Apparently the game is largely content-complete, but there are about nine months left of development, and the team will be doing optimization passes among other things. I don't know if it's going to blow the doors down in terms of revolutionary FPS game design (it still has that kind of "find an area that happens to be populated with a bunch of aliens, kill them, move on" thing going, but so do a lot of other games), but as far as taking advantage of the Wii graphically and control-wise I'm pretty sold.

It was a lot of fun just using the controls--and, thankfully, unlike most console shooters regardless of system, you can remap every single button. (Why doesn't every game do this? Come on now.) I didn't get a chance to look at the options for tweaking the remote dead zone and all that, but I was promised that's pretty extensive as well.

Anyway, looking forward to it, we'll see how the whole thing shapes out.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the locking on. The lock on is sort of like Prime 3's expert mode, where the camera locks to the enemy but the reticule doesn't, except it's even softer--so the camera isn't hard-locked either, it just sort of roughly focuses on the enemy. It works really well, and makes locking just feel like a slightly more focused version of regular aiming, rather than a separate "mode."

• Pred 1 mesecem ...
The latest rumors surfacing about The Conduit is that its developer High Voltage has snagged a publisher. What publishing company is the question that remains to be answered. Frank Caron, of Ars Technica visited The Conduit Booth at PAX 2008 (lucky bastard) and had a playthrough with Rob Nicholl’s one of the game’s designers.

When Nicholls was questioned about the game’s publisher he had this to say, “We’re not ready to officially announce anything, but things are in the works. Look for the word in the coming month.”

Vir: http://www.wiiblog.net/

• 4 years later...
  • vrhovni

Za vse ljubitelje The Conduit igre, prihaja The Conduit HD:

Mobilni procesorji in grafika je pri mobitelih tako napredovala, da so se razvijalci odločili igro razviti tudi za mobilne naprave. Trenutno je napovedana igra samo za Androidne naprave s Tegra procesorji.

post-803-144771025732_thumb.jpg

the first two mission will be free while the remaining six levels can be purchased in three-packs costing $2.99 each or as a bundle for $4.99

Igra izide 14. marca!

Vir: Eurogamer

PSN & Xbox LIVE: NowickySLO

NowickySLO.png

Pridruži se debati

Objavi takoj, registriraj se kasneje. Vpiši se, če imaš račun in objavi s svojim računom.

Gost
Odgovori v debato...

×   Prilepljena vsebina je formatirana.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Tvoja povezava je bila samodejno vpeta..   Namesto tega prikaži kot povezavo

×   Tvoja prejšnja vsebina je bila obnovljena.   Počisti urejevalnik

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Ustvari novo...

Pomembno obvestilo

Z uporabo spletišča se strinjaš s Pogoji uporabe.